Halloween – By the Numbers – October 28, 2015
A number you’re probably not looking for is 1.5 billion. That’s the number of pounds of pumpkins grown every year. History.com said that’s more than twice the weight of the Empire State Building. Here are a few other interesting statistics related to Halloween:1
- 9 billion pieces of candy corn are sold each year (about 36 million pounds).
- 72 percent of Americans give candy to trick-or-treaters.
- 30 percent of children sort their candy after trick-or-treat time.
- 24 pounds of candy is the average consumed each year.
- 38 percent of Americans wear costumes.
- 11.5 percent of Americans dress their pets in costumes.
- 50 percent of Americans decorate their yards for Halloween.
One take-away is people are different. Some dress their pets as fast food, others love to eat sweets, and some don’t recognize Halloween as a holiday. It’s a lot like investing. There is not a single portfolio that suits everyone. What’s important is choosing one that is right for you and your family. If you have any questions about your asset allocation and diversification, just give us a call!
Securities offered through Triad Advisors, Inc. LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC.
The information provided for informational purposes only, and does not constitute an offer, solicitation or recommendation to sell or an offer to buy securities, investment products or investment advisory services. All information, views, opinions and estimates are subject to change or correction without notice. Nothing contained herein constitutes financial, legal, tax, or other advice. These opinions may not fit to your financial status, risk and return preferences.
This material was prepared by Peak Advisor Alliance. Peak Advisor Alliance is not affiliated with the named broker/dealer.